Friday, July 5, 2013

IMPREGNATING YOUR BITCH


IMPREGNATING YOUR BITCH:

“Hey! My dog is on heat! Yippieeee! I have been monitoring her since I saw mucus on her and she started today. Thank God I have dewormed her and given her all necessary treatments.” Says a breeder who doesn't have a stud in his kennel.

He makes necessary arrangements with another breeder who has and prepares to take his bitch there for mating starting from the ninth (9th) day. His bitch is mated on the 9th, 11th and 13th day and he takes her home excited he would be having puppies in the next 9 weeks thereabout.

“Hello” he calls the stud owner after 7 weeks, “I don’t think this bitch made it ooo!, I don’t think she is pregnant, and this is the 2nd time this is happening, after her first litter of 8 pups, what is going on?”  he asks.

After about 9 weeks no puppies.

I am sure some of us are familiar with this. Now the questions are:

  1. What did this breeder do wrong?
  2. What could cause a bitch not being able to conceive?
  3. When is the ideal time to mate the bitch?
  4. What necessary treatments should be given on or before the heat?
Kindly lets help solve this issue. Click “No comments” below, type your comment and click “Publish”.

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment